Belgium - Starting Now
Klarrio is a young, fast-growing Cloud Native Services Integrator, specializing in streaming data platforms, processing and analytics.
As a Project Manager, you will be deeply involved in the entire solution development and operational process. You will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and scope. Under guidance of CPO, product management, and the R&D team, you will oversee all aspects of our customer projects: capture customer requirements and milestones, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and track & report progress of projects.
YOUR TYPICAL DAY AT KLARRIO
- Define technical deliverables and the associated project work plans. With your experience in the cloud-native streaming data domain, you understand very well the nature and complexity of the different deliverables.
- Developing and reporting periodical project status to Klarrio senior management and customers.
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments and use cases, to assist R&D in better serving your customers and to influence the roadmap of Klarrio’s internal products.
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning.
- Help to educate your customer accounts on best practices for using the Klarrio project deliverables to customer.
- When necessary, recommend proactive measures to help customers avoid issues and to ensure customer success (e.g. professional services engagements, training sessions, on-site visits, etc.).
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership.
KEY TO THE ROLE IS AN ABILITY TO:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the full suite of the Klarrio domains of expertise, the Klarrio toolbox, technologies and the development and operational methodology.
- Have an overview of the larger landscape without neglecting granular details while tracking weekly sprints and progress with daily project planning iterations.
- Solve problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- When necessary, roll up your sleeves and dig in to help address customer issues alongside Klarrio SRE, DevOps and Data Engineering teams.
- Show leadership, communicate well, motivate the team, handle and delegate responsibilities and listen to feedback. As you’ll need to be able to coordinate across various teams to ensure success for your customer accounts and projects.
- Thrive in ambiguity in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-oriented startup environment and manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Tackle hard technical and/or operational problems with limited daily supervision.
- Learn new technology quickly and having a strong interest in doing so!
- Travel up to 25% of the time to meet with your accounts.
WHAT COMPETENCES ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Demonstrated success in project management related to software development projects in big data, SaaS, PaaS, cloud computation, and specifically – open-source and streaming data technologies.
- A strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions to the customer, product management, the Klarrio team and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and solid organizational skills.
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to JIRA, MS project, GitLab, Office tools etc.
- Knowledge of Linux OS and scripting languages (shell, python, …).
- Previous experience helping customers build highly technical solutions that use Apache Kafka, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products. Having a profound knowledge of (streaming) data frameworks and tools (Spark, Flink, Storm, Kafka, ….).
- Experience with network programming, preferably micro-service architectures & distributed systems.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Join an innovative, ambitious, global and 100% future-proof organization and accelerate your skills.
On top of a competitive compensation package, we’ll add performance bonuses, health insurance, retirement planning and a mobility package.
A place to learn, experiment and exercise your brain, in order to strengthen your powers and feed your passion. Internal and external training programs to grow your skills.
- We will introduce you to a new world or accelerate your skills
- Respect towards customers, colleagues, and competitors, regardless of race, gender, age, personal challenges, and education levels
- A competitive compensation package
- Performance Bonuses
- Health Insurance
- Retirement planning
- Mobility Package
- A work environment where we want to get things done, lean and mean
- Internal and external training programs to grow your skills